Langenscheidt dictionaries - dictionaries, phrasebooks and reference products for school, home, office, and travel from the most internationally renowned and leading publishers in the fields of Languages.
Langenscheidt Standard-Wörterbuch Italienisch offers:
• Around 76, 112 entries (365, 000 references and translations)
• Both translation directions (German <-> Italian)
• Current vocabulary from general conversation and numerous specialist areas
• Information on grammar and spelling variations
• Notes on expressions and particular contexts
• For everyday, business and travel
• Look up unfamiliar words directly from the home screen. The dictionary provides translations in a Quick Search Box alongside other search results.*
• NEW! Search by voice. Speak your queries in Italian and German instead of typing words in a dictionary (available for phones with Google voice recognition service)**.
• NEW! Due to our Language identifier, you no more need to change the translation direction each time you input words. Translation direction will be chosen automatically, it depends on language input.
• Italian and German Sound modules let you listen to pronunciation of selected words in live speech quality.
• List of similarly spelt words is displayed in case of misspelling.
• Find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling using wildcards ("*", "?" replace a letter and group of letters).
• Flash Cards application is specially developed for improving your language and memory skills.
• Word of the day widget displays a random entry from the dictionary daily.
• Installation on memory cards.
• Hyperlinks between related articles and directions.
• Multilingual interface is available in English, German and Russian languages.
• Paragon keyboard for accurate text input in Catalan, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Turkish languages.***
• No Internet connection required.
* To turn on this option, install a dictionary. Then go to Menu->Settings->Search->Searchable items and mark Langenscheidt dictionary.
** Available for OS 2.2 and higher.
*** For keyboard activation: long press on ‘123’ button at Standard keyboard -> Select Input Method -> Paragon keyboard.
The Langenscheidt Publishing Group is best known for its area of core competence: dictionaries and language learning material in various formats and on diverse media. Langenscheidt sets the highest editorial and production standards for all the products it publishes. The corporate logo, a blue “L” on a yellow background, is instantly recognized by many people all over the world.
Paragon Software Group is the leading developer of multi-platform software applications for smartphones and desktop computers. Since its inception in 1994, the company has strived to exceed the expectations of its global customers by translating its innovative approach, expertise and independent production capacities to all levels of its diversified product development. Our product portfolio includes over 120 Multilingual Dictionaries (for 30+ languages and all possible language pair combinations) with databases by the world’s leading publishing houses such as Berlitz, Langenscheidt, Merriam-Webster, Collins, Duden, PONS, Van Dale, VOX, etc.